Wednesday, July 1, 2015

First Impression of America, New Haven and Yale University

It was 5:00 a.m. when I arrived at the JFK international airport. I was so excited to see "the city that never sleeps". I looked out of the window,  and I saw the sun had not risen up to the sea level but the sky was already as red and golden as jewels. However, hardly had I enjoyed the scenery of New York when my journey to New Haven began. It was the first time in my life that I had ever been abroad. I was so happy to experience the life of a different culture. 


On the first day when I reached New Haven, I went around this city to see how Americans spend their life. It seemed that everything was so different from China. The buildings were delicate with strong western style, however, but each of which were different in details. I was attracted by the land with people of different races, colors and creeds, because in China most of the people have black hair and yellow skin. 

People here are very friendly and every
time I have problems, they are all glad to help. The blue sky, green grasses, colorful flowers and majestic buildings make the city a paradise. The only thing I felt disappointed about is the food. Actually, I did love pizza and hamburgers before I arrived. But after eating them for a few days, it just makes me feel sick. I have been trying hard to adapt to these food because I am going to be here for more than six weeks.

  Yale University is really one of the best places that I have ever been. The environment is so good that students can have all kinds of activities here or bury themselves in studying. There are 12 colleges so far in Yale, every one of which has their own common room, library, and places to relax. Life here is just like that in Harry Potter, one of my favorite book sets. I have made the acquaintance of people from different countries of the world. We are so glad to learn each other`s culture here and get along well with each other.
 The evening before last, when we finished our dinner, some undergraduate students of Yale played volleyball on the lawn at the gate of Morse College. We joined them for fun and they were very kind to us. Last evening, we played frisbee in the same place; I am getting  to know more and more Yale friends now. It was amazing to play all kinds of sports together with people from all over the world.


Life here has been good so far. I really expect to improve my English, learn the culture of different countries and enjoy an unforgettable Yale campus life here in the next six weeks.






  


Paradise in New Haven

 There is a paradise,
in the city called New Haven.
It brings surprise,
to the people from all countries.
Dreams can be realized,
by the geniuses at Yale University.

Crystal sky and warm sunshine,
make life a fairy tale.
Green grasses and colorful flowers,
watch the students having fun.
Delicate buildings and fantasitc labs,
inside happen all kinds of magic.

Such is Yale campus life,
just like,
a summer daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment